The 2021 Volvo XC90 is a good mid-size luxury SUV. The three XC90 models feature attractive interiors with premium materials, ample room for seven people, and ample load space. It is packed with advanced technology and safety features and offers engine options that deliver excellent fuel economy and performance.
2021 Volvo XC90 Configurations
Select up to 3 models below to compare some of the key features and options of the Volvo XC90 2021.
- With exquisite premium design, cutting-edge technology, and attention to detail, the XC90 Momentum makes every ride a pleasure.
- 19 ” 10 spoke turbocharged alloy wheels
- High-gloss black Momentum radiator grille with chrome finish
- Leather seats
- Aluminum, transverse scratches
- High-quality sound
- A bold statement that conveys driving pleasure. Unique details, 20-inch alloy wheels and RDesign-styled seats create an eye-catching look and pleasure.
- Matt black 20 ” 5 spoke diamond-cut alloy wheels
- Shiny black radiator grille with metal frame Silk
- Silk metal door mirrors and grilles
- Aluminum mesh metal insert
- R Leather steering wheel insert
- Contemporary Swedish luxury SUV with exclusive design, rich materials and high level of technology.
- 21-inch 8-spoke, diamond-cut silver alloy wheels
- Brushed silver radiator grille with chrome finish
- Leather seats
- Walnut with linear insert
- Power front seats
- 12-inch drive with human display
Explore the key measurements for the XC90.
|Height||1773 mm (1771 mm*)|
|Width inc. Mirrors||2140 mm|
|Wheel Base||2984 mm|
|Track Front||1665 mm|
|Track Rear||1667 mm|
|Turning Circle||11.8 m|
2021 Volvo XC90 Interior Review
The Volvo XC90 2021 features an elegant interior with quality materials, spacious front row seats, and practical child seats in the third row. Other features include a large cargo area and many safety features. The touchscreen infotainment system looks stylish, but it will benefit from a few physical buttons and knobs.
The XC90 offers more cargo space than any other mid-range luxury SUV. There are 15.8 cubic feet of cargo space behind the third row, 41.8 cubic feet with the seats folded down, and 85.7 cubic feet with the rear seats folded down. is standard. The Seating
Volvo XC90 seat is available in six and seven-seater configurations. The first and second rows of seats are comfortable enough and have plenty of head and legroom. The third row has enough room for small children and, as a last resort, can accommodate adults, but only for short trips.
Standard amenities include synthetic leather seats and power front seats. Genuine leather seats, heated front seats and massagers, heated second-row seats, and heated steering wheel.
There are two complete sets of LATCH connectors for the external second row of the XC90 for securing child seats. You will also find a drawstring attachment for the second-row middle seat.
The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety has awarded this configuration a second Acceptable rating for ease of use. The connectors are pretty easy to use, but the bottom anchors are set too deep in the seat.
The interior elements infotainment system
The XC90 has a sleek design but is sometimes slow to respond to input and has multiple physical buttons and knobs.
Standard features include a 9-inch touchscreen, 12.3-inch digital cluster indicator, Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, navigation, HD radio, satellite radio, 10-channel stereo, Bluetooth, Dual USBC gateway, wireless charging, Wi-Fi hotspot, keyless entryway, four-zone climate control, panoramic sunroof, and noisy telephone door.
Options include a 14-speaker Harman Kardon sound system, a 19-speaker Bowers and Wilkins sound system, hands-free parking assistance, a surround-view parking camera system, and a forward-looking display.
- Generous seating and cargo space
- Lots of standard safety features
- Good fuel economy
- Harsh ride when equipped with larger wheels
The fifth ranking of the 2021 Volvo XC90 is based on its ranking in the luxury midsize SUV category. The Volvo XC90 is currently rated 8.1 out of 10 based on our review of 43 sections of research and usage data from various sources.
Volvo XC90 2021 definitely deserves attention, but there are better alternatives in this segment. The BMW X5, Mercedes Benz GLE, and Porsche Cayenne are priced significantly higher than Volvo when it comes to performance.
Volvo XC90 Mileage and Performance
The 2021 Volvo XC90 feels smooth enough and stable around corners, making it an easy SUV to drive every day, but its handling leans towards uncomfortable wheels and tire choices.
The available motors provide sufficient power. All models have a good fuel economy.
The Volvo XC90 is powered by a 2.0-liter T8 twin-engine coupled with an electric motor that develops 400 horsepower and a maximum torque of 640 Nm. The petrol hybrid version is said to hit a whopping 42 km / h.
Engine Options, Horsepower, and Acceleration
Base engine: 2.0-liter turbocharged four-cylinder with 250 horsepower and 258 lb-ft (T5) of
1. Turbocharged and 2.0-liter four-cylinder with 316 horsepower and 295 lb-ft of torque (T6)
2. 2.0-liter turbocharged and supercharged four-cylinder and two electric motors with a total output of 400 hp. and 472 lb-ft of torque (T8)
Drivetrain: standard front-wheel drive; All-wheel drive available
Transmission: eight-speed automatic
The Volvo XC90 is available in T5, T6, and T8 configurations. The T5 engine is enough for city driving, but it feels smooth on the highway. More powerful T6 and T8 settings provide faster acceleration and more power when overtaking. It doesn’t look like a particularly sporty SUV. Most of the details switch smoothly, albeit sometimes slowly.
Handling and Braking
The Volvo XC90 is safe to drive for such a tall SUV. It feels reasonably stable in corners, the steering is responsive and the brakes provide confident braking. with smaller 19- and 20-inch wheels, but ride quality can be disappointing for models with the optional 21- and 22-inch wheels.
- Driver Air Bag
- Passenger Air Bag
- Front Head Air Bag
- Rear Head Air Bag
- Front Side Air Bag
- 4-Wheel ABS
- 4-Wheel Disc Brakes
- Brake Assist
- Electronic Stability Control
- Daytime Running Lights
- Child Safety Locks
- Integrated Turn Signal Mirrors
- Traction Control
- Blind Spot Monitor
- Auto-Leveling Headlights
- Lane Departure Warning
- Lane Keeping Assist
The Volvo XC90 has a four-year/50,000-mile limited warranty.